Personal tax planning
Helping you calculate how much tax you owe and making sure you file returns and pay on time are important elements of what we do.
But our tax service for individuals starts with careful planning. We’ll arrange your affairs as tax-efficiently as possible so that you keep more of your income and earnings and HMRC takes less.
This includes minimising your liability to income, capital gains and inheritance tax by advising on:
- making the most of your personal allowance for income tax
- whether directors should take a salary or dividend
- holding assets jointly or transferring them to your spouse or civil partner
- options for saving and investing tax-efficiently, such as with NISAs
- the maximum amount you should contribute to a pension per year or in total
- giving gifts to friends and families within your lifetime
- the tax benefits of donating or leaving money to charity.