Complying with value added tax (VAT) rules can be a complex – and at times onerous – business. Many firms find that they inadvertently overpay or underpay VAT, and incur penalties in the process, simply because the rules are so difficult to understand and follow.
As with many areas of tax law, it pays to enlist the help of a trained professional who can ensure that you do not fall foul of the regulations or pay HMRC any more than absolutely necessary.
We can relieve you of the VAT compliance burden by helping you:
- register and deregister for VAT with HMRC
- complete and file VAT returns on time
- pay all VAT owed by the appropriate dates to avoid penalties
- choose the most appropriate VAT accounting scheme
- put effective VAT planning and administration in place
- plan to minimise future problems with HMRC
- negotiate with HMRC in disputes.
We can also represent you at VAT tribunals in the event of a dispute with HMRC.